Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Day of Pampering

Thailand - as I see it.

 
A  Day of Pampering

For many years I have had pains in my lower back and legs which traditional medicine has been unable to heal. Recently the pain has gotten so bad that I can only walk short distances before having to sit and recover. For the first time this has begin to change. Today I went to my massage parlor for another day of pampering.  First I had a full-body oil massage. The therapist mainly concentrated on those areas which have caused me the most distress. In addition to the normal massage oil she used Counterpain to help relieve the knots and tension in my sciatic which has caused so much trouble. Amazingly I have been able to walk further and longer each day with less pain since I started getting these massages. Luckily my son Rob found an amazing massage therapist for me who not only gives a wonderful relaxing massage but can begin to help me get better.
Next, I had a facial.  It was an hour of massaging and cleaning.  First they cleaned my face with a wash cloth and sponges.  Then they put a very cold cream on my face and neck and massage it for 10 minutes.  Next they massaged my face with a grainy cleanser and washed that off.  Then they put on another cream and gently massaged again.  After cleaning that off, they painted on a heavy clay mask and put cold cucumbers over my eyes.  Then while the clay mask dried they gave me a complete head, scalp, neck, and shoulder massage.  To remove the clay mask, they cleaned my face with real warm water followed by cold water and lastly they placed icy towels on my forehead, face and neck.  To finish it all off, they put on a final layer of face cream followed by a light powder. 
I also had a pedicure while the massage was taking place.  There were two therapists working on me at one time.  Wow, it was great.  Oh yeah, when it was all over, they brought me a delicious cup of ginger tea and combed my hair.
Now for the good part, each of these treatments cost $5 for a total of $15 and I gave a $5 tip.  $20 to feel like a princess.


No comments: