Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A DAY ON MY OWN IN SONGRAN

Thailand - as I see it.


A DAY ON MY OWN DURING SONGRAN
I had a ball today.  Ahn dropped me off at Dukes for lunch at 11am.  I had a bowl of chili, really tasty and I went to the massage parlor.  Ah Me gave me an excellent 2 hour foot massage, back, neck, shoulder, arm and hand massage as well as a facial.  Wow.  My back feels great, I cant believe it.  All that was half the price of a massage at home.  In fact, a 2 hour massage lasts at least a full 2 hours if not more.
Then the lady from the massage called a tuk tuk for me and I went to Central Festival Market which just opened in January.  What a great mall.  Everything an elegant mall would have in Bangkok, Hong Kong or Singapore.  The tuk tuk driver waited for me there while I shopped for half an hour and then he took me to the local flower and handicraft market BUT I didn't stay as we had been soaked with buckets of water many times, and I told him he could just take me back home.  It was such fun.  The tuk tuk driver Is going to take me to the local market and the milk roti stand next time.  Many times he put out his hand so people wouldn't throw buckets at us and they just threw handfulls.   It was such fun.  I really got a taste of Songkran and next time, I am going to do the throwing as well.  When I got home I was dripping wet, everything including my underware.  It was so cool.  Ahn just came home and I showed her my soaking wet clothes and she said "good job" and gave me a high 5.  I got home at 5, a fast 6 hours.   It was such fun, oh my I guess I said that a few times but it sure was fun spending a day being splashed.

No comments: