Sunday, April 28, 2013

Chiangmai revisited - I'm so sad - I'm happy

Thailand - as I see it.

As I flew into the Chiangmai Airport last night, I recalled what my grandson Tyler says sometimes, " I'm so sad, I'm happy.  This is just the way I felt as we were landing in this beautiful country of Thailand.  I am visiting it alone this time - no more Bu as Tyler would say.  Willi and I visited On and Rob in Chiangmai 4 times together and each time was an exciting adventure.  This time, I am on my own and meeting my grandson William, 5 months old, who was named in honor of Willi.   He was able to see William on the webcam before he passed away.  When I first saw him, he just looked and looked at me.  After a few minutes he gave me a smile and then let me hold him.  What a thrill.  I am so sad, I'm happy.

After a five hour nap, we went for a massage and it was just as wonderful as I had remembered.  It was two hours long a full 120 plus minutes and I am looking forward to the next one.  It cost $20 including the tip.  The motorbike ride was fun too as we weaved in and out of the traffic.  Rob bought  On a beautiful new car and it even held all my luggage from the airport to their home very nearby.  On is as good a driver of the car as she is of the motorbike.

I am just getting back to blogging so this first one in 2013 is a bit rambling but I will continue next time and even include pictures.

No comments: