Saturday, December 10, 2011

Our Flight to Thailand

Thailand - as I see it.


Our flight to Thailand.  It is December 8th.  We are taking three flights.  The first one is from Ft. Myers to Atlanta.  It will be only 1 1/2 hours. We got up at 4:15am. We left home at 5:45am.  Jim and Pat Repp were there to pick us up at 5:30am.  They were a welcomed sight. Thank you, Jim and Pat.


When we got to the airport, a porter helped with our bags and with the check in.  It is self serve now.  Our 4 bags went through just as though they were light and small.  They were each just 50 pounds.  We have 100 pounds in two bags for the hill tribe children.  Our two bags are also half full of gifts for Christmas for Rob, On, and Tyler.  No problem there.  Everything is okay now.  Whew.  That was great.  The flight left at 8 am.  We got to Atlanta at 9:30am.  I went to the Customs area as soon as we arrived and I got a Trusted Travelers Card.  Trish Challen told me about it.  Thank you Trish.  My interview was short.  It should make getting through customs easy as pie.  What a wonderful idea.  


We boarded the Korean Air plane at 11:30am. It is now 5pm and we have been flying around five hours already.  It is a 14 hour flight.  We were fed a good meal.  What a nice plane and stewardesses.  We have eaten, had a snack and drinks, I have read a few chapters of the book my friend Marilyn Polen  gave me for the trip.  A good book.  Barefoot.  It is about three women, three secrets and one long hot summer. Thank you Marilyn.  I have played golf, free sell, and memory on the screen in front of me.  I have read many many emails.  I have played a bit of FarmVille and I started to write some children's books for my grandchildren. The first two books are TYLER and SAWYER.  These will be first reading books with the whole theme of the letters in their names.  Every so often, a stewardess comes by with cold water.  We get up and take a little walk every so often.  We were fed two meals on the 14 hour flight and a snack and drinks in between. 


We arrived in Seoul and had an hour wait and boarded our last flight for Chiang Mai.  It is a 5 hour flight.  We arrived in Chiang Mai around midnight on the 9th of December.  As we were landing, Willi said, "That was fast."  I agreed, the flights were all nice and went by quickly.  I had told people that the flights were longer than they were.  It was 26 hours altogether but only 20 1/2 in the air flying.  We are at Rob's house and all settled in.  We peeked at Tyler, had some homemade crystallized ginger, homemade ginger ale and went to bed in our own beautiful suite. Thank you, God.

Marcia Cutler Weis




No comments: